Themes for UDAAN Utsav-2019:
(All Contests Will Be Held on Following Themes/Subjects)
Art and culture for nation building & societal development*
- Aspiring India
- Tribal cultural heritage
- Contemporary relevance of Indian history and tradition.
- Social harmony
- Idea of Bharat
- Sustainable development
- Role of youth in environmental conservation
- E-waste management
Challenges of new media ( Virtual & print media)*
- Yellow journalism
- Responsibility of mass media
- Artificial intelligence
Equality for all*
- Transcending gender divide
- Challenges of transgender community
- Challenges to the differently abled
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The participating teams and individuals will have to get themselves registered within the stipulated date to be able to participate.
- Participation is open only for under graduate and post graduate students of Colleges/University Departments/Institutes of Delhi NCR.
- All participants must carry college identity cards to seek entry in the auditorium/hall/venue of competition. However, the organisers reserve the right to bar entry or to expel anybody out of the auditorium/hall/venue if found guilty of any misconduct.
- Each team must consist of students from the same College/University Department/Institute.
- A student can participate in any number of events, but in case of clash of timing no relaxation shall be given.
- Each participant shall get a participation certificate.
- There can be multiple rounds of competitions based on the number of entries received and decision for the same shall be at the discretion of UDAAN team.
- The teams/ individual participants must report 90 minutes prior to their performance. Any delay may cause participant/s to be barred from taking part in the competition.
- The participants are advised to take safety measures/care of their property, valuables, etc., during the performance or otherwise, during Udaan Utsav 2019.
- No hazardous material, such as weapons, inflammable/toxic chemicals/ other materials will be permitted to be used as props. Further, the Organising Team reserves the right to stop a performance on the spot if it feels that the performance carries risk of injury to the performers and/or audience.
- The decision of the jury shall be considered final and binding. The participants are advised not to contact the judges during competitions.
- All rights to broadcast audio and visual recording of the competition belong to UDAAN.
- Any obscene and/or offensive music / song / lyrics / language / presentation / costume is strictly prohibited to be used, failure to comply with shall attract all/any action by the organisers to penalise the participants.
- Participants are requested to ensure that none of their content or performances hurt any religious/caste sentiments or of public at large.
- UDAAN reserves the rights to change, delete, or add to any rules, regulations, or policies at any time deemed necessary.
- Participants are understood to recognize the risks of physical injury inherent in their performance and be willing to assume those risks and take necessary care and precaution.
- Violation of any rule may amount to disqualification of concerned team/individual participant. The final authority of taking any decision in such cases shall be with the Organising Team of UDAAN UTSAV 2019.
- By signing the registration form or submitting the online registration form, the participants confirm the acceptance of all the rules and regulations of the competition.
RULES FOR FILM MAKING COMPETITION
- It is a 48 hours film making challenge and will be conducted during UDAAN UTSAV 2019.
- A team of 5 people can participate. Team should be named after one of the legendary Indian filmmakers. One participant can be part of one team only.
- Participants have to report at 09 am on 10th Feb. at UDAAN UTSAV venue for briefing. The subjects shall be given at 10 am on the same day i.e. 12th Feb.Participants are requested to submit their finished work by 10 am on 12th Feb.
- Submission format will be DVD (1920 X 1080) / Pen Drive only.
- Name of the film and the team should be written clearly on the DVD / Pen Drive .
- Title cards of the film must display UDAAN name and logo in the beginning and end of the film. Name and logo will be mailed after registration of the team. No change of name will be entertained.
- The film must carry the disclaimer of original work and free from any type of plagiarism or violation of any intellectual property right/copyright law. In other words, the work of film must be original and that must be categorically mentioned in the beginning of the film.
RULES FOR NUKKAD NATAK COMPETITION
- The duration of Nukkad Natak / Street play shall be minimum 15 minutes to maximum 25 minutes.
- Each team can have a maximum of 20 members including support team. All the participants must be from same college.
- The costume and props are allowed. The organisers shall not be responsible for providing any costumes and props for the acts.
- The topic/ subject of Nukkad Natak can be chosen out of the subjects listed in the form.
- The language used in Nukkad Natak must be courteous and acceptable to all. Abusive, objectionable and derogatory language shall not be accepted.
RULES FOR MUSIC COMPETITION
GUIDELINES FOR SOLO SINGING COMPETITION
- Time allotted for each performance is 4-5 mins including sound check.
- Only folk or classical song ( other than Bollywood) in hindi / Sanskrit is allowed.
- The participant is suggested to bring his/her own karaoke or musical instrument (if required).
- Self-composed/original songs are also allowed.
- Choice of song is open but should not have any slang or derogatory language.
- The participant will be judged on the song selection, voice quality, clarity, rhythm and appeal to the audience.
- The participant should be an enrolled student of any college/university/ institution
- The decision of the jury will be final and binding under all circumstances.
GUIDELINES FOR BAND COMPETITION
- The participants can choose English as a foreign language and any Indian language for Indian language category. Time limit- For Band Max. 25 min. (including sound check).\
- The band must use minimum 4 to maximum 6 instruments and it is mandatory to use minimum 2 Indian instruments out of these.
- Though the participants are encouraged to perform their original creations (lyrics and composition) yet if they perform on work of others, they must categorically mention that.
- The participants are strictly prohibited from using abusive, offensive or double meaning language/lyrics.
- In order to present you are requested to submit the lyrics/song much in advance.
RULES FOR DANCE COMPETITION
GUIDELINES FOR SOLO DANCE COMPETITION
- The dance should be purely classical/folk(any Indian form).
- No costume charges will be given.
- Participant should bring their track and suggested to check it before the performance.
- The song on which the dance will be performed can be of any Indian language.
- Time limit will be 7-8 mins including time for preparation and stage check.
- Participant has to send a recorded 2-4 mins video of his/her performance along with the registration.
- The performance will be judged on the basis of rhythm, gesture, expression, technique, costume and overall performance.
- The decision of jury will be final.
GUIDELINES FOR GROUP DANCE COMPETITION
- It is a purely classical and folk dance competition.
- Costumes must be presentable and decent.
- The selection of music and lyrics shall undergo scrutiny process by UDAAN Team before performance. Participants must submit their tracks before the competition to be eligible for participation. All tracks will have to be submitted to the competition coordinator before the start of the competition.
- The participants are requested to bring their music tracks in a pen drive. They are also requested to carry a backup source for the same.
- The Time limit is maximum 8 minutes for performance and 2 minutes for introducing themselves or for sharing any background of the performance. There will be negative marking in case of time limit being exceeded.
- The participants will be judged on their costumes, visual presentation and dance form.
- The participants will have to follow the themes given in the form.
RULES FOR CREATIVE WRITING
- The participants can use Hindi/English/Sanskrit as medium of writing.
- Writing sheets will be provided by UDAAN.
- The theme for the creative writing will be given on the spot.
- The participants are free to choose the genre- short story/script/article/media report on the given theme.
- One hour’s time will be given to write on the given topic.
- Drawing/photographs/artwork will not be accepted.
- The participants should not write their names, institutions’ name and contact number on the backside of the sheets to help in blind judgement. Only the arranged number provided by organisers must be written on the top of the writing sheet.
- Entries shall not contain gratuitous violence, profanity or explicit adult situations.
- Pseudonyms to be used if required so that author’s identity is hidden from the judges.
- If a participant is inspired by any work of any author, she/he shall write a comment in this regard towards the end.
- The entries shall be judged based on originality, creative imagination, characterization, development of central idea, the ability to dream, etc.
- The short story/script/article/media report should explore and relate to the given theme.
- The short story/script/article/media report should evoke immediate response from readers. The idea, perspective and presentation should be unique and fresh.
RULES FOR POETRY READING
- Poems must be the original writing of the presenter.
- Poems may be in any style, of any length but the time limit must not exceed 4 minutes.
- The participants can choose English/Hindi/Sanskrit as medium.
- The themes of poetry must be from the themes given for the UDAAN Utsav-2019.
RULES FOR DECLAMATION
- The participants can choose Hindi/ English/Sanskrit as the medium.
- The delivery should be speaker’s own. The quotes (with the mentioning of author’s details) can be used.
- Time limit: 4-6 minutes and up to two interjections.
- The topics will be announced in due course and registered participants will be informed about them.
RULES FOR PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
- Participants must submit their original work.
- Photographs to be submitted in *.jpeg/ *.jpg format.
- The minimum resolution of the picture must be 2000 pixels or 1.5 MB.
- The participants have to mention photograph details : shutter speed, Aperture and ISO along with the photograph
- These need to be uploaded by filling up the entry form online on our website.
- Type of camera is left to the discretion of the participant.
- Each participant has to submit two different photographs.
- No logos/names or any other form of markings should be there in the submitted photographs.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of interpreting and expressing the UDAAN themes along with the technical aesthetics of the photographs.
RULES FOR PAINTING / POSTER / CARTOON / SCULPTURE COMPETITION
- Only Drawing sheets for Painting/ Poster and Clay for Sculpture will be provided by UDAAN.
- The participants must write their names, institution’s name and contact number and numerical provided by the organisers on the backside of the Painting / Poster / Cartoon.
- The measurement of the prepared Sculpture in clay must not be less than 1ft and more than 1.5 ft.
- Painting/ Poster can be prepared / drawn on a provided Drawing sheet of 30″ x 22″ (inch) size and for cartoon 15″x 22″size however the size of prepared Cartoon must not be less than 15″x 11″size on the given sheet. All these can be prepared in any / different type of colours and styles.
- Use of photographs, drawings and calligraphy for making the Poster is permitted.
- Judgment will be based on Idea Mapping, Expression, Creativity, Clarity, Originality, Optimum usage, Visual communication and Aesthetics.