UDAAN was established in the beginning of 2016 with a vision to create a productive cultural platform on College and University campuses and provide opportunities to hone artistic passion and creativity of students. The objective has been to generate a bonding in youth for the society and the country and help them in building up positiveness, team spirit and confidence. UDAAN strives to embolden and empower youth so that they develop questioning minds and are able to express themselves skillfully and artistically.
Above all UDAAN endeavours to instill nationalist ideas among educated youth of the country and awaken them to India’s cultural richness and glorious past, along with a sensitisation about the contemporary issues. It ultimately aspires to synergise mind, creativity, talent and passion of youth in the service of nation and create strong cultural persons who are proud Indians too.
In pursuit of the ventured path, UDAAN has not only involved University teachers and students but some big creative people from their respective cultural and art fields also. Even some celebrities have got passionately engaged with the mission. It is with the committed and dedicated efforts of team UDAAN that the idea has turned into a pleasant reality and the organisation has by now become a synonym of a big cultural organisation.
Themes for UDAAN Utsav-2018:
- North East (Art and Culture, Lifestyle, Nature/ Bio diversity, Tourism, strategic importance) *
- Environment – Water conservation
- Indian culture and globalisation
- Role of soldiers and farmers in Nation Building
- Role of youth in India’s push to being a world leader
- Standout women of India from ancient civilisation to now
- Incredible India
- Our role models – (Jhalkari Devi, Amir Khusro, Bhagini Nivedita, Maharana Pratap, Chhatrapati Shivaji, APJ Abdul Kalam, Jyotiba Fule)